Finance and Welfare
- CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) provides cash assistance and employment services to low income families with dependent children.
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) — The Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) program is for newly-arrived refugees who are single and families without children. These individuals may be eligible to receive Cash Assistance, Medical and CalFresh during their first eight months in the United States.
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) — The CAPI program provides cash assistance for legal non-citizen senior (65 and older), blind and disabled immigrant residents.
- Debit Card — Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) accounts are provided to eligible households and individuals for cash and food assistance benefits. A debit card is issued to access cash benefits at ATMs and to purchase food in grocery stores, farmer's markets and other locations that accept EBT cards.
- Direct Deposit — Direct deposit allows eligible households and individuals to deposit their cash benefits into a checking or savings account instead of being paid to a cash EBT account.
- Report Fraud
- Frequently Asked Question
Welfare Fraud Hotline
1-888-991-TIPS or 510-383-8777